Suzuki Savage Chopper Project: Update

Savage Jan 13 08

The latest bit of progress on the Suzuki Savage Chopper…

After Dave finished up the welding I got the seat and tank mounted, axle adjusters in and the electronics tank & fender mocked in place. Had the exhaust mocked up for a bit too, but didn’t grab a shot of it. I tried to get some exhaust bends to make the intake manifold, but it was Sunday and only thing open was pep boys / autozone. What they had didn’t really fit what I was looking for, so I gotta hit up a real exhaust place, which should do the trick. Next up (after I get back from vacation) is fab’in up the brackets for the e-box & rear motor mount and getting that intake figured out.

Note on photo - the straps and ties I used to mock up the e-box and fender have been photoshopped out. The e-box cover is also photoshopped. Helps me visualize where things are going to go. I’m getting better at remembering to take photos as I do stuff so I can update this build log. Future posts should be a lot more detailed.

9 Responses to “Suzuki Savage Chopper Project: Update”

1. Soulfur says:

1)Holy shit, that thing is going to be tough
    2)I have a two into one you can gut to your heart’s content

2. HotRodTom says:

I have never really been a Suzi fan, but after seein some pretty well thought out plans, I might start looking at them in a different way. This Savage has a nice, almost Triumph-like look to it. If you look quick, you wouldn’t notice the squarer cylinders.You might be able to tell I’m a Tramp-man. (Got a ‘57 3TA in the garage in peices right now!) No matter. This is definatley gonna have a nice bobbed look when finished, and it will be all it’s own look. Don’t have ta look like something your not, if you can stand on your own. Keep this thing going! I’m watchin’! Oh, and don’t “Bling-Bling” it out, either, please!!!

Hey Tom
    Thanks for the comments, they are much appreciated. I love Trumps to - my next ground up build will probably be a Trump (to go with my 2003 America, little old and new). And absolutely no bling, although the paint is definitly going to be wild.
    Thanks for stopping by
    -grail

4. Adam says:

Sick build.Im looking forward to seeing more. makes me want to go out and start cutting my kz up. I like the fact that you didnt use any cnc or hydrolic fancy multi-maillion doller tube bender. Great work.

Thanks Adam. You definitely won’t be seeing anything fancy going on, just a down and dirty, home built scoot.

6. MoTodd says:

Helltothefuckinyeah!!!

I also am bobbing a savage, Ive got an 04, pulled the rear fender and threw on a broomstick and wrapped the exhaust. not alot of guys toying with these, but they are cheep and fun!! Great looking bike

7. Small Cnc Milling Machine says:

Small Cnc Milling Machine…

I found your site on technorati and read a few of your other posts. Keep up the good work. I just added your RSS feed to my Google News Reader. Looking forward to reading more from you….

8. CM says:

I am doing the same thing to my 87 savage but running into trouble with a good fender. dont really want to cut and weld or grind anymore then i have to any help on where to get a fender. oh and i will send you a pic of mine tell me what ya think. Savage is a great bike to BOB not really good for much else. hahaha

9. WildRice says:

I’m also modding (stripping) my ‘86 650. Due to the large down tube, a chrome car exhaust extension, flared one end, slash-cut other end, will fit perfectly. Weld on a mounting bracket, then get a drag baffle expanded at a muffler shop. Ultra-cheap. And lose the head trim, looks waaay better.

How do you plan on starting that thing?